While attending eLearning Devcon last week, I attended a fantastic presentation given by Mark Henry on how to use the Apple Video iPod as a training device. Imagine an iPod which becomes an "expert system" for field technicians ... or providing instructions in multiple languages for hotel personnel ... you now understand the theme of Mark's presentation.
Even better, Mark has been kind enough to provide me his very thorough Powerpoint deck, which is a tutorial in itself ... and some Apple Computer white papers on using Notes for this kind of functionality. Use the links provided below to download same!
- Mark Henry's Beyond Podcasting Presentation
- Notepad++ (better than notepad ... used by Mark)
- Apple Computer's White Papers
In addition to this information, you should check out these other posts I have on mobile learning, two with specifics to iPod and the iPhone:
- Creating Mobile Content (iPhone and iPod)
- Creating Mobile Content via Sun Computer's NetBeans
- Jump Drive Learning ... or Wiki on a Stick!
- Nerdcast - Take 09 (listen to the interview with Edwin Garcia)