Do you know how to search for hidden gems of the net? If you're not using Google Advanced Search, it's easy to learn and will greatly increase the effectiveness of your results. Yesterday, I found these MatLab tutorials. Later in this post, I'll explain how ... and demonstrate with my own tutorial.
From the University of Michigan at Dearborn - MatLab Tutorials / Screencasts:
- Getting Started
- Simple MatLab Commands
- Repeated Statements
- If / Else Statements
- Basic Operations With Vectors
- Recursive Sums
This MatLab course was added to my Google Co-Op screencast search engine.
Okay ... so here's the basic methodology: (Tutorial ... 4 minutes long)
- Link to Google Advanced Search
- Enter your keywords ... use the qualifying boxes
- Limit your results by filetype (swf for Flash content ... used for tutorials)
- Limit your results by domain (edu for colleges ... org for technical societies)
- Explore results
- Redo search, but limit to a specific domain that looks promising
(in my case ... the University of Dearborn)
Finally, you may wish to visit my earlier posting on conducting more effective searches. It has hints about how to use words such as "database" and "wiki" to find the hidden web.